Get Smooth Light Action And Rich Warm Tone With The Yamaha YHR-891 Triple Horn
The handmade 891 triple horns offer a combination of the rich beautiful sound of a full double French horn, coupled with the sure attacks and control of a descant horn; the problems of intonation and response usually associated with triple horns have been completely eliminated.
Yamaha’s patented long rotor and dual plane valves, along with an ingenious tubing configuration, create a unique new shape and size for these horns. And the comfortable balance of their well thought-out designs make these traditionally unwieldy instruments easy to hold and play. The 891 is an F/Bb/high F triple horn and the 892 incorporates an A plus stop valve.
- Hand-lapped rotary valves and slides - Rotary valves and slides that have been hand-lapped are airtight and have smooth action.
- Articulated key levers - Articulated key levers have responsive motion.
- Hand-hammered and annealed bell - Hammering and annealing are processes so important to the instrument's acoustic characteristics that Yamaha employs computer-controlled equipment to ensure consistently superior sound. Hammering enables bells to have a rich, resonant tone that blends beautifully with other instruments. Annealing is a cooling and heating process that makes it easier to control the acoustics of the instrument.
- Hollow, Phospher-bronze Rotors - Hollow, phosphor-bronze rotors provide a quick, free response are extremely corrosion resistant.
- Innovative valve tubing configuration - The combination of the long rotor valve, dual plane valve, and tubing configuration create a unique shape and size for the triple horn.
- Level: Custom Triple
- Key: F / Bb / High F
- Style: Triple
- Bore: 0.472 inch
- Bell Diameter: 12 1/8 inch
- Bell Throat: Medium large
- Leadpipe Material: Gold Brass
- Body/ Bell Material: Yellow Brass
- Bell Type: Fixed
- Finish: Unlacquered
- Mouthpiece: 32C4
- Rotors: (5) Hollow Phosphor Bronze;
- Rotor Casing: Nickel Silver
- Lever Action: String
- Water Key: Yes
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details