Timeless Sound With The Latest Refinements - The Yamaha YOB-831L Custom Oboe
Yamaha oboes achieve a clear sound quality and superb intonation by dramatically improving the precision and stability of the bore. Also to cope with various durability issues inherent in wooden wind instruments, Duet Plus models employ innovative techniques to form a protective layer next to the air column. The combination of precious wood and state-of -the-art resin is not simply a Duet of tradition and technology - it's a Plus advantage indeed!
- Ebonite Lining - The upper joint body is drilled out slightly larger, where a thin ebonite pipe with an oboe bore is adhered. Ebonite is an excellent material for wind instruments, as is proven with top-grade mouthpieces for saxophones and clarinets as well as bassoon liners. Much knowledge was derived from our own bassoon manufacturing, and with further engineering, Yamaha successfully developed oboes with the reliability and warmth of wood.
- Toneholes - Every tone-hole (except metal octave vents) is lined with POM resin for air-tight, stable contact between each pad. In the rare event that the wood should crack, the damage to the tone-hole profile and intonation would be minimal thanks to the inserts.
- Engraving - The trademark logo is engraved on the back of the upper joint.
- System: Conservatoire (semi-automatic octave system)
- Bore style: American
- Mechanical features: Left-hand F key, Fork F resonance key, Low Bb resonance (vent)
- Trill keys: Low B-C#, low C-Db, C#-D#, D#-E, F#-G#, G#-A, Ab-Bb, A#-B, B-C#, left C-D, right C-D
- Pads: 9 cork, 14 felt pads
- Body material: Grenadilla Ebonite Inner-pipe (upper joint)
- Key materials: Silver-plated nickel silver keys
- Toneholes: POM resin (except metal octave vents)
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.