*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Play The Choice Of The Masters With The Yamaha YOB-841T Custom Oboe - 3rd Octave Key
Played by some of the top American oboists, this custom oboe combines a dark silky tone with a focused center.
The YOB-841 features an open bore configuration optimized to match American style reeds. This inner bore shape is complemented by tapered tone-holes with conical undercutting for a dark silky tone with a focused center. This model was developed in close cooperation with the principal oboists of some of America's top orchestras. Third octave key and king-rosewood body are available on request.
- Handworked Keys - Skilled artisans braze and adjust all keys on Yamaha oboes by hand to optimize the balance of each individual instrument
- Newly Designed, Highly Polished Bore - Excellent intonation, tonal balance, and resistance
- Hand-Tapered, Undercut Toneholes - Precise, even intonation and response
- Nickel-Silver Bell Ring - Increases effective density of the bell for improved response and tone
- Philadelphia D Key - An extra screw that permits fine adjustments to the high D for improved tone and tuning
- Level: Custom
- Key: C
- Key System: Full Conservatoire
- Bore Style: American
- Octave Keys : Semi-Automatic
- Mechanical Features: Left-hand F key; Fork F Resonance Key; Philadelphia D Key
- Upper Joint Material: Grenadilla
- Lower Joint Material: Grenadilla
- Bell Material: Grenadilla
- Key Material: Nickel Silver
- Plating: Silver
- Tone Holes: Undercut With Conical Uppercuts
- Thumb Rest: Fixed
- Trill Keys: Low B - C# ; low C - Db ; C# - D# ; D# - E ; F# - G# ; G# - A ; Ab - Bb ; A# - B ; B - C# ; left C - D; right C - D
- Spring Type: Blue Steel
- Cork: 19
- Pads: 3
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.