Perfectly Tailored For The Versatile Needs Of Jazz Players - The Yamaha YSL-891Z Custom Z Tenor Trombone
Designed with Andy Martin and Wycliffe Gordon, this Custom Z Trombone provides supreme tonal flexibility for the serious jazz trombonist.
The YSL-891Z comes with 2 interchangeable leadpipes. the NY leadpipe is longer and was developed with Wycliffe Gordon while the LA leadpipe is shorter and was developed with Andy Martin.
The new balancer found on the YSL-891Z perfectly proportions the instrument's weight.
The chrome-plated nickel-silver drawn inner slide is very durable and has a quick, sensitive response. In addition, it is a one-piece drawn slide.
The one-piece, drawn, brass outer slide maintains an accurate diameter throughout its length, and this type of construction ensures airtightness, smooth action, and exceptional durability. The outer slide is fit with extremely close tolerances making the horn respond quickly and effortlessly.
A one-piece bell has an axial (lengthwise) seam, making it a continuous extension of the instrument's material. This results in pure, uniform resonance and superior tone. A hammered yellow brass bell produces a pure and perfectly-balanced tone with quick response and extra presence due to advanced manufacturing techniques.
- Key: Bb
- Bore: L: 0.508 inch
- Bell Diameter: 8 inch
- Body Material: Yellow Brass
- Bell Material: Gold brass; One-piece
- Weight: Light
- Leadpipe: Two interchangeable: NY (longer) and LA (shorter)
- Inner Slide: Chrome-plated nickel silver, Drawn
- Outer Slide: Yellow Brass; Drawn
- Finish: Clear Epoxy Lacquer
- Mouthpiece: L48
- Case: YAC SLC-891Z
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA62089
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device