About The Yamaha YTR-9636 Custom Eb/D Trumpet - Silver PlatedThe YTR-9636 has a rich and attractive tone and is widely used in both solo and orchestral performance due to its natural ability to shift from C. It has a newly designed leadpipe with a unique shape. Transitioning between D and Eb involves changing the main tuning slide and first and third valve slides rather than by changing the bell.
- Developed with top artists - The YTR-9636 was developed with John Hagstrom of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Breakthrough design - The new design incorporates a unique ”S” shape leadpipe configuration utilizing the MC1 leadpipe taper from the ”Chicago” series Artist Model trumpets. This helps to produce exceptional intonation and response characteristics.
- Hand-lapped pistons and slides - Hand-lapping pistons and slides ensures an absolutely perfect fit and seal between the piston and casing or slide parts. Such a perfect fit helps to achieve smooth air flow and smooth action and improve the response and intonation of the instrument.
- Pressure-formed tubing - Perfectly rounded tubing results in less turbulence and a smoother air flow, thus allowing for an excellent scale and reduced resistance.
- Laser-fused pluzuma welded bell - A high-energy laser fuses the brass together for a virtually seamless bell which allows continuous even vibrations.
- Level: Custom Specialty Keyed Trumpet
- Key: Eb/D
- Bore: M: 0.459 inch
- Bell Diameter: 4 7/8 inch
- Leadpipe: Unique "S" Shaped leadpipe with MC1 leadpipe taper
- Body Material: Yellow Brass
- Bell Material: Yellow Brass, One-piece
- Weight: Light
- Key Buttons: Mother of Pearl
- Finish: Silver
- Pisons/Valves: Monel
- Mouthpiece: 14B4
- Features: Interchangeable main tuning slides and 1st and 3rd valve slides for D
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.