Get A Strong Tonal Core Thanks To A Re-Engineered Bore And Toneholes, Plus Many Upgraded Features - The Yanagisawa AW01 Professional Alto Saxophone
The upgraded replacement for the legendary A901 series, this AWO1 brass model is suited just as well to aspiring beginners as to experienced professionals. It has a strong tonal core thanks to a re-engineered bore and toneholes, plus many upgraded features exclusive to the WO series such as newly designed Front F Keys, Ride Side Keys and Right Pinky Key.
FLUORORESIN-SLEEVED OCTAVE ROCKER
Lost motion is eliminated and smooth octave-key action is ensured by rounding the octave rocker ends and Fluororesin-coating the receiving sleeves they contact.
C#-Bb TABLE KEY LINKAGES
The seesaw linkage between the C# and Bb table keys facilitates faster, smoother fingering technique.
ADJUSTABLE VIBRATION-DAMPING BAR
This enhancement dampens sympathetic vibrations in the right-hand F# key, thus stabilizing the production of notes in the lower register.
GENUINE MOTHER-OF-PEARL TOUCHES
Indented mother-of-pearl key touches are attractive, afford the fingertips a more natural fit and feel, and are less slippery than plastic touches when wet.
METAL THUMB HOOK & REST
Designed to make minimal point contact with the body, the thumb hook enables the instrument to resonate more freely while the brass thumb rest allows for smoother response and improved tonal balance.
POINTED PIVOT SCREWS
For the utmost in precision and reliability, pointed pivot screws ensure that center arms or hinge rods are an exact fit.
SEALED, WATERPROOF PADS
Airtight pads facilitate balanced, leak-free play while quality waterproofing extends pad service life.
Blued-steel needle springs are more elastic than the stainless-steel variety, offer faster action and render a better command of difficult passages.
The tri-point bell-bow brace ensures structural stability and rigidity and enhances resonance even at fortissimo levels.
YANAGISAWA SAXOPHONES - TONE WITH RESONANCE, FINESSE WITH POWER.
Since their founding in 1896 Yanagisawa has held true to a singular passion: handcrafting the world’s finest saxophones unrivalled in both tone and ease of play. Yanagisawa’s superb ergonomic key-work is second to none and has earned the loyalty and respect of professionals the world over.
Whether you are looking for a high quality student saxophone or a top-level professional instrument, Yanagisawa’s handcrafted, Japanese-made saxophones will deliver the finest playing experience.
The very latest addition to the Yanagisawa range is the new WO series of Alto Saxophones. Both the WO ‘Professional’ and WO ‘Elite’ models illustrate the desire to continually improve what is already a world-leading design. With a number of newly refined key types designed for enhanced playing comfort; a unique palm key plate for broad register resonance; and a special neck plate for focussing the tone, Yanagisawa WO series Alto Saxophones are once again redefining true instrumental brilliance.
Yanagisawa saxophones are the choice of numerous top-level artists across the world including: Antonio Hart, Marshall McDonald, Tommy Smith, Snake Davis, The Lovely Laura and Jess Gillam.
BELL ARM KEYS
- Yanagisawa's single arms used on the bell keys are extremely strong and have proved reliable for many years. Higher-End models can benefit from double arm bell keys.
Balanced Tri-Point Brace
- The bell and body are firmly linked by a three-point, balanced brace which ensures structural resiliance and firm resonance, even when fortissimo is sought.
BELL KEY BUFFER
- The buffers used on the bell keys are metal - and therefore offer increased longevity and accuracy over plastic - and are fully adjustable. This means the aperture of the bell toneholes are within your control.
BORE AND TONE HOLES
WO Series Bore and Tone Holes
- In Yanagisawa's desire to constantly innovate, all new WO series saxophones have a newly engineered bore and toneholes. This helps achieve a smoother blow and even more precise intonation.
BRASS / MATERIAL
WO Series Brass Material
- The WO series saxophones benefit from a newly designed, newly engineered and specially sourced brass material for improved sound and sonority.
C# - BB KEYS
C# - Bb Rocking Key
- The C# and Bb keys have a rocking table / see-saw mechanism that allows for optimal speed and fluidity between these pitches.
WO1 / WO2 Style Hand Engraved
- Yanagisawa WO1 and WO2 series saxophones now feature a uniquely styled, hand engraved pattern.
F AUXILIARY KEY
- This mechanism fitted to the F-Aux key ensures a proper seal of the pads when playing in the low ranges of the saxophone.
FRONT F KEY
WO Series Redesigned front F Key
- The Front F key on WO series saxophones has been redesigned to further improve the ease of fingering.
White Shell Lining
- A player's fingers will rest comfortably in the indented white shell keys. The white shell also enhances the beauty of the instrument while also preventing the player's fingers from slipping during technical passages.
KEY WORK MOUNTING
- The standard design for most regular saxes, the keys are mounted directly to the saxophone body.
- Ebonite mouthpieces are favoured for their warm tone and ability to fit into an ensemble seamlessly. However, as players discover their own voice, switching to another style of mouthpiece can open up a whole world of new tonal possibilities. Metal mouthpieces are often favoured by Jazz players or soloists who need to stand out from the crowd.
WO Series Neck Plate
- For Overslung necks, this new plate exclusive to the WO1 and WO2 models gives a tighter, more controlled tone.
OCTAVE KEY TYPE
- Key: Eb
- Range: Low Bb to High F#
- Body: Brass
- Bow: Brass
- Bell: Brass
- Keys: Brass
- Finish: Lacquered
- Neck: Brass
- Neck Type: Detachable Neck
- Case: Fabric Covered, Woodshell case with outer pocket and Backstraps
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA81553
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device