Get A Strong Tonal Core Thanks To A Re-Engineered Bore And Toneholes, Plus Many Upgraded Features - The Yanagisawa AW02 Professional Bronze Alto Saxophone
The upgraded replacement for the legendary A902 series, this AWO2 bronze model is suited just as well to aspiring beginners as to experienced professionals. It has a strong tonal core thanks to a re-engineered bore and toneholes, plus many upgraded features exclusive to the WO series such as newly designed Front F Keys, Ride Side Keys and Right Pinky Key.
Both ends of the octave key axis rotate in a receptacle that is coated to insure a smooth operation every time
Rocking table mechanism
The C# and Bb keys have a rocking table mechanism that allows for optimal speed and fluidity between these pitches
F-auxiliary key mechanism
Insures a proper seal of the pads when playing in the low range of the saxophone
"Indented" white shell keys
A player's fingers will rest comfortably in the indented white shell keys. The white shells also enhance the beauty of the instrument while also preventing the player's fingers from slipping during technical passages
Pointed pivot screw
The pivot screws that are used have a pointed end which facilitates an accurate center and precise action
Air-tight waterproof pad
The pads are completely air-tight which supports stability in playing and their life is extended thanks to being waterproof
Blue steel springs
Blue steel springs give the player quick response and are much more resilient than stainless steel (they also last much longer)
Tri-point balanced bell brace
The bell and the body of the saxophone are firm connected by a tri-point balanced bell brace
BELL ARM KEYS
- Yanagisawa's single arms used on the bell keys are extremely strong and have proved reliable for many years. Higher-End models can benefit from double arm bell keys.
Balanced Tri-Point Brace
- The bell and body are firmly linked by a three-point, balanced brace which ensures structural resiliance and firm resonance, even when fortissimo is sought.
BELL KEY BUFFER
- The buffers used on the bell keys are metal - and therefore offer increased longevity and accuracy over plastic - and are fully adjustable. This means the aperture of the bell toneholes are within your control.
BORE AND TONE HOLES
WO Series Bore and Tone Holes
- In Yanagisawa's desire to constantly innovate, all new WO series saxophones have a newly engineered bore and toneholes. This helps achieve a smoother blow and even more precise intonation.
BRASS / MATERIAL
WO Series Brass Material
- The WO series saxophones benefit from a newly designed, newly engineered and specially sourced brass material for improved sound and sonority.
C# - BB KEYS
C# - Bb Rocking Key
- The C# and Bb keys have a rocking table / see-saw mechanism that allows for optimal speed and fluidity between these pitches.
WO1 / WO2 Style Hand Engraved
- Yanagisawa WO1 and WO2 series saxophones now feature a uniquely styled, hand engraved pattern.
- This mechanism fitted to the F-Aux key ensures a proper seal of the pads when playing in the low ranges of the saxophone.
WO Series Redesigned front F Key
- The Front F key on WO series saxophones has been redesigned to further improve the ease of fingering.
White Shell Lining
- A player's fingers will rest comfortably in the indented white shell keys. The white shell also enhances the beauty of the instrument while also preventing the player's fingers from slipping during technical passages.
KEY WORK MOUNTING
- The standard design for most regular saxes, the keys are mounted directly to the saxophone body.
- Ebonite mouthpieces are favoured for their warm tone and ability to fit into an ensemble seamlessly. However, as players discover their own voice, switching to another style of mouthpiece can open up a whole world of new tonal possibilities. Metal mouthpieces are often favoured by Jazz players or soloists who need to stand out from the crowd.
WO Series Neck Plate
- For Overslung necks, this new plate exclusive to the WO1 and WO2 models gives a tighter, more controlled tone.
OCTAVE KEY TYPE
- Key: Eb
- Range: Low Bb to High F#
- Body: Bronze
- Bow: Bronze
- Bell: Bronze
- Keys: Brass
- Finish: Lacquered
- Neck: Bronze
- Neck Type: Detachable Neck
- Case: Fabric Covered, Woodshell case with outer pocket and Backstraps
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA70562