*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
DW Collectors Series Maple 6.5x14 Snare Drum, 6.5x14 - Exotic Redwood Stump
By pairing an 11-ply proprietary shell of select North American hard rock maple with a handsome veneer of hand-picked redwood stump curl — a wood whose lacquered grain appears to "breathe" as you move around it — this DW Collector's Series Exotic snare drum succeeds in delivering power, tone, sensitivity, and visuals unmatched by others in its class. Its roughly quarter-inch VLT shell is created without the use of re-rings to command a wider tuning range and occupy even more sonic space. 60° bearing edges with thin ply-and-a-half roundover outers generate a maximum tone and minimal overring from batter and snare-side heads. And Collector's Series hardware that extends to the 3.0mm True-Hoops and MAG/3P throw-off right down to the iconic DW lugs makes the DW Collector's Series Exotic Redwood Stump snare a drum that's suited for the choosiest players and collections.
11-ply Maple VLT Shell
DW's VLT (Vertical Low Timbre) grain orientation gives the DW Collector's Series Exotic snare a deep, satisfying punch to match its tremendous resonant potential. Inner and outer plies are rotated vertically, 90° degrees against the 9-ply horizontal-grained core, resulting in less tension on the shell — thus, greater vibrations and a lower pitch overall. 60°-inner bearing edges with thin roundover outers gently control overring while maximizing head response.
- 11-ply maple VLT shell is warm, full, and resonant
- Eye-catching redwood stump curl lacquered veneer
- Collector's Series lugs and hardware
- 3.0mm triple-flanged True-Hoops deliver a fat, crisp, open attack
- Fine-threaded True-Pitch 50 tension rods help keep heads perfectly in tune
- MAG throw-off and 3P butt plate offer unmatched snare control and dependability
- DW-designed Remo USA drumheads
- Shell (Depth x Diameter): 6.5" x 14"
- Shell Construction: 11-ply
- Shell Material: North American Hard Rock Maple, Redwood Stump Curl veneer
- Hoops: 3.0mm Triple-flanged
- Color: Natural Redwood Stump
- Finish: Lacquer
- Heads: DW by Remo USA
Collector's Series Hardware
- True-Pitch 50 tension rods permit fine-tuning adjustments
- Magnetic MAG throw off holds snares in the "on" position and releases them quietly
- 3P butt plate offers low, medium, and high snare tensions with the flip of a lever
- Triple-flanged 3.0mm True-Hoops deliver a fat, crisp, open attack
- Brass-ended True-Tone snare wires unlock the utmost in snare sensitivity
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.